Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Dogs are just the best teachers....

I had not intended to do much with this blog - other than to record my thoughts as we go along here with Atom2 (for as long as I can keep him alive and until he becomes available for adoption)... This is growing into something now, so I guess I better give you all some background... 

The 'players' ....

  • DesiDoo is sorta/kinda a PITA kind of dog... Has been since she was a puppy and not wanted by the adopter... She can have high energy and is an attention hog... But I have to give DesiDoo her 'due' - she has ALWAYS been exceptional with the foster puppies that have come through my hands on their journey to a furever adoption.... 
  • Commonly referred to as the 'sugar babies', 'the twins', etc. Abercrombie and Sephora are two surviving puppies born in July from a litter of five puppies... Abercrombie is the male - black & white longhaired Chi mix and Sephora is the female sibling - white... Both consistently had sugar crashes from about six weeks old and it has been a major struggle to insure they lived... 
  • Atom2 was born 9/25/14 in my home along with three other puppies.  His mom (Dumplin) came out of the Camarillo shelter pregnant.  Dumplin has a grand personality and was a major lovebug and lap sitter.  Two puppies were small (GirlySue and Atom2) - two puppies were much larger and continued to grow larger as time went along (TommyRoo and BindiBoo). The two larger puppies became too big and started bullying Atom2 to the point I had to separate them.  The photo below is of the litter of 4 - as you can see, Atom2 is at the bottom of the pile, but he is determined to get his fair share1




No comments:

Post a Comment