Monday, November 24, 2014

????

I have had dogs all of my life... I was raised on a farm and at 10 years old, had a pack of retired police officer dogs... I've been in rescue for 34 years as of August 2014 ... I have probably had hundreds of puppies in all of the years volunteering with other rescues and those that I have fostered for TLC...

I would say that I have decent enough experience with 'birthin babies'... And with in the background, let me tell you that this is a new one on me... 

DesiDoo (who has never had a litter and was spayed at 8 weeks old) had taken to cuddling up with Atom2 now... Atom2 does not try to nurse, but just gravitates into DesiDoo's belly... And DesiDoo will nudge him into place there as well... 



OK, 'mother nature', canine dynamics, etc... Now here is the kicker... Atom2 just needed to go potty, he climbed out of the warm bed and went over to the pitty pad... He is 8 weeks old, so this is a good thing... I'm happy to see this... and then?

I was reaching into a drawer for a file at the time and turned my head back to that when out of the corner of my eye, I saw DesiDoo also get out of bed and start cleaning it up like a mom would... I couldn't move fast enough to stop her from doing it until it was too late... 

This is not learned behavior 'cause DesiDoo never had a litter... This is instinctual... Aren't dogs the most AMAZING creatures you have ever seen?

No comments:

Post a Comment