Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Plan C?

This is Atom2's pout expression... 

He was pouting because he just potty'd and I didn't move quick enough to pick up the pitty pad... How dare I not be at his beck and call?... He'd just given me a string of complaints and fussing whines so I lowered the front door and grabbed the camera... 

We are now on 'Plan C' here... Atom2 does NOT want to be left alone, nor does he want to be on the floor like a regular puppy... He wants to either sit on my desk or sleep in the top of my shirt... 

I got stuff to do, ya know?  And he is not a 'hands free' Chihuahua pup at all... 

I initially had a regular Xsmall doggie crate set up for him when I had to have him somewhere secure like right NOW... He was able to turn his head sideways and chew on the bars... I was afraid he was going to break one of his puppy teeth doing that... And he does not care for the plastic kennels either... 

He cannot be trusted just to sit and stay put on the top of my desk either... He is fearless and will walk right off the top of it without hesitation... He does not have a clue how little he is... 


So, today he got his own special little safe space that can fit on the top of my desk... I cleared everything from one half of the top of my desk that I need (after all, it is my desk, huh?... and I am supposed to be working here!)... 

And yes, I put it together backwards... He's already told me about that aspect of it, but he's also not happy he can't chew on the bars either... Well, I guess he could if he really had a mind to do it, but so far, so good... 


But for now?  He's safe when I need him to be for just a few minutes... Even if it is a hamster cage.

P.S.  He is now 11 WHOLE ounces... and will be 10 weeks old on December 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment